Liability Insurance for ERISA Plan Sponsors: Maximizing Coverage Under Employee Benefits and Fiduciary Liability Policies
Securing Coverage for Civil Damages and Tax Assessments Arising From the ACA and Other Claims
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will help ERISA counsel evaluate the adequacy of plan sponsors’ liability coverage in light of liability exposures created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA). The panel will review the current state of case law discussing Employee Benefits Liability (EBL) and Fiduciary Liability coverage and guide counsel in overcoming insurer objections to coverage for claims arising under the ACA.
- Potential employee claims arising under ACA, ERISA
- Understanding and negotiating types of coverage
- Employee benefits liability (EBL) insurance
- Fiduciary liability insurance
- Best practices for procuring adequate coverage for potential related ACA claims
- Best practices for plan sponsors facing a potential claim or assessment/enforcement action
- Review of cases interpreting EBL and fiduciary liability coverage and employment-related practices exclusions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What new liability risks and claims does the ACA create for plan sponsors?
- What coverages are available under EBL policies and fiduciary liability policies?
- What potential coverage disputes are likely to arise with insurers and how can plan sponsors effectively argue for coverage?
- How do different courts interpret the “administration” of employee benefit plans?
Stephen D. Rosenberg
The Wagner Law Group
Mr. Rosenberg is an experienced ERISA and business disputes lawyer with substantial expertise in ERISA litigation,... | Read More
Mr. Rosenberg is an experienced ERISA and business disputes lawyer with substantial expertise in ERISA litigation, ERISA governed benefit plans, fiduciary obligations, plan regulation, ESOPs, top-hat plans, and class actions. He has extensive trial experience in federal and state courts and is a frequent author and speaker on a variety of ERISA and employee benefits topics.Close
James E. Scheuermann
Mr. Scheuermann's practice is concentrated in litigation and counseling on insurance coverage matters. His... | Read More
Mr. Scheuermann's practice is concentrated in litigation and counseling on insurance coverage matters. His insurance coverage experience includes litigating and negotiating complex insurance coverage cases involving toxic torts, environmental claims, property damage claims, employment-related claims, lending discrimination claims, advertising injury claims, and employers’ liability claims. Mr. Scheuermann has published numerous articles on insurance coverage issues and is a frequent speaker on the topic at conferences and seminars.Close
Roberta Casper Watson
The Wagner Law Group
Ms. Watson focuses on ERISA and employee benefits. She concentrates on a wide array of areas including, pension and... | Read More
Ms. Watson focuses on ERISA and employee benefits. She concentrates on a wide array of areas including, pension and profit sharing plans, health and welfare benefit plans, including COBRA, HIPAA and the Affordable Care Act, ERISA fiduciary decision-making, Employee Stock Ownership Plans, benefits litigation backup, benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, employee benefits aspects of family law, labor laws affecting employee benefits, other employee benefits and deferred Compensation, and employee benefit disputes and employee benefits claims.Close