Leveraging Experts in Environmental Litigation
Presenting Testimony, Navigating Daubert Challenges, and Avoiding Confidentiality Issues
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel on using expert testimony when representing parties in environmental lawsuits. The panel will explain and outline the obstacles, challenges and solutions when using expert testimony.
- Use of experts in environmental litigation
- Selection of experts
- Providing analysis/evaluation
- Providing expert testimony
- Challenges to experts
- Making Daubert challenges
- Overcoming Daubert challenges
- Confidentiality issues
- Attorney-client privilege
- Work product protections
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can counsel effectively challenge an environmental expert witness’ theories and whether those theories have been adequately tested?
- Under what circumstances should counsel consider not filing a Daubert motion?
- What steps should counsel take to maintain confidentiality when using environmental experts?
- What obstacles does counsel face when presenting expert testimony and how can those obstacles be overcome?
- What are the recent trends related to Daubert challenges?
John J. DiChello, Jr.
Mr. DiChello focuses his practice in the areas of environmental, mass torts, and product liability litigation in... | Read More
Mr. DiChello focuses his practice in the areas of environmental, mass torts, and product liability litigation in federal and state courts throughout the country. This includes more than 12 years of experience defending companies in cases nationwide involving alleged contamination of groundwater and drinking water resources. He has substantial experience with multidistrict litigation and class action lawsuits.Close
R. Trent Taylor
Mr. Taylor defends complex toxic tort and products liability cases with an emphasis on public and private nuisance... | Read More
Mr. Taylor defends complex toxic tort and products liability cases with an emphasis on public and private nuisance litigation, environmental contamination suits, and food safety issues. His experience includes defending clients in class actions, MDL coordinated proceedings, nationwide mass tort litigation, and appellate cases involving complex scientific and medical issues.Close