Leveraging Demand Letters to Obtain Significant Settlements in Auto Accident Cases
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss strategies for personal injury attorneys to draft and leverage demand letters in auto accident cases to obtain insurer settlements that meet insurance policy limits.
- Best practices for drafting the demand letter
- Timing considerations: when to submit the demand letter
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the considerations for personal injury attorneys drafting demand letters in auto accident cases?
- What are some of the pitfalls personal injury counsel have confronted when drafting and submitting demand letters and how can they be avoided?
- How can counsel use insurer oversights or errors as leverage to increase the settlement amount?
Steven M. Gursten
Michigan Auto Law
Mr. Gursten focuses his practice on serious auto and truck accident injury and wrongful death cases. He frequently... | Read More
Mr. Gursten focuses his practice on serious auto and truck accident injury and wrongful death cases. He frequently lectures at legal seminars throughout the country on trial advocacy, trucking litigation, and traumatic brain injury cases. He has recovered the top-reported jury verdict for a car or truck accident in Michigan for multiple years, according to published reports. He serves as President of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association and a Past Chair of the American Association (AAJ) for Justice Truck Accident Litigation Group.Close
Michael P. Walker
Piasta Newbern Walker
Mr. Walker focuses his law practice on representing individuals who have been wronged by the negligent acts... | Read More
Mr. Walker focuses his law practice on representing individuals who have been wronged by the negligent acts of others. He is a zealous and devoted advocate for his client's interests and rights. Going up against powerful businesses and insurance companies, he has recovered millions for his clients. He has been recognized as a "Top 40 under 40" trial lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers and a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine, an award given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Georgia.Close