Leveraging Daubert Motions in Class Certification: Using or Challenging Expert Testimony Amid Divergent Court Standards
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare class counsel with defense strategies to evaluate and determine whether and when to raise a Daubert motion to prevent certification, and plaintiff strategies to defeat or hinder Daubert challenges pre-certification. The panel will examine the latest and varying court rulings on the appropriate level of scrutiny of expert testimony at the class certification stage.
- Latest court developments regarding the standard of Daubert review at the certification stage
- Bringing and defending Daubert motions
- Preparing expert witnesses for the certification hearing
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What role do Daubert and expert testimony play at the class certification stage?
- What is the current state of the law on the appropriate standard of scrutiny?
- How does discovery set the stage for a successful or unsuccessful pre-certification Daubert challenge?
- When is a Daubert challenge not an appropriate tactic?
- What are best practices for plaintiff and defense counsel to defend against or bring pre-certification Daubert motions?
- How can counsel develop expert testimony to support or withstand a Daubert challenge during the class certification stage?
Jeffrey A. Leon
Mr. Leon pursues class action lawsuits on behalf of aggrieved consumers and businesses. He has served as co-lead... | Read More
Mr. Leon pursues class action lawsuits on behalf of aggrieved consumers and businesses. He has served as co-lead counsel or as an executive committee member in lawsuits that have delivered hundreds of millions of dollars in benefits to consumers who were aggrieved by the conduct of a variety of companies. Because Mr. Leon has spent a significant amount of his legal career representing both plaintiffs and defendants, he has a unique perspective which guides his litigation strategy.Close
Geoffrey M. Wyatt
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
Mr. Wyatt represents clients in mass tort and other aggregate litigation. He defends companies as part of a team that... | Read More
Mr. Wyatt represents clients in mass tort and other aggregate litigation. He defends companies as part of a team that focuses on global litigation strategy and law and motions practice in coordinated proceedings in federal and state courts. Mr. Wyatt has participated in the day-to-day management of multidistrict proceedings encompassing tens of thousands of cases, and has represented clients in several bellwether mass tort personal injury suits.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H