Latest FATCA Reporting and Withholding Developments for 2013
Navigating Complex Requirements for Reporting Foreign Assets
Recording of a 110-minute premium CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) reporting and withholding requirements, including Form 8938 reporting and FATCA withholding obligations. Where relevant, the program will also review continuing Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Report (FBAR) compliance challenges.
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) overview
FATCA information reporting
- Section 6038D
- T.D. 9567
- Form 8938 and instructions
- Unresolved issues
- Sections 1471-1474
- Withholding requirements
- Reporting requirement
- Intergovernmental Agreements
- IRS Notices, effective dates
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What must be reported on Form 8938 and what practices should taxpayers and their advisors adopt for good compliance?
- Where do FBAR and FATCA reporting requirements overlap and what additional requirements does FATCA present?
- What steps should U.S. taxpayers and their advisors consider now to prepare for FATCA withholding?
- What are the Intergovernmental Agreements for Implementing FATCA and which countries have already signed on?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Daniel L. Gottfried
His practice encompasses domestic and international business transactions, as well as federal, state, and international... | Read More
His practice encompasses domestic and international business transactions, as well as federal, state, and international tax planning, including corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, partnerships and S corporations. He is regularly called on to assist business clients with cross-border expansion, including expansion into the U.S. and abroad.Close
Michael J. Miller
Roberts & Holland
Mr. Miller has provided U.S. tax advice to domestic and international clients for more than 15 years. Working with... | Read More
Mr. Miller has provided U.S. tax advice to domestic and international clients for more than 15 years. Working with foreign clients, he has structured inbound U.S. investments and operations to avoid creation of U.S. permanent establishment and developed structures to take advantage of U.S. income tax treaties, the withholding tax exemption for portfolio interest, and other rules for minimizing U.S. tax. He is an editor of the International column for the Journal of Taxation and is currently Chair of the Business Entities Committee of the New York City Bar and Chair-Elect of the U.S. Activities of Foreign Taxpayers Committee of the American Bar Association Tax Section.Close