Key CFIUS Developments: Lessons From Recent CFIUS Decisions and Implications of the New Administration
Preparing for Reviews, Navigating Investigations, and Negotiating and Understanding Mitigation
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to U.S. businesses accepting foreign investments, discuss lessons from recent Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) decisions and the potential implications of the new administration. The panel will offer best practices for companies navigating the CFIUS process in light of recent developments.
- Key developments, a new administration and the implications
- Navigating the CFIUS process
- Assessing and assigning the risk
- Strategic deal structuring
- Mitigation negotiation
- Business impacts
- Closing before approval
- Operating with mitigation
- Follow-on transactions and corporate citizenship
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the lessons for counsel from the recent CFIUS decisions and other relevant developments?
- Will it become more difficult to get clearance for acquisitions that raise national security concerns under the new administration?
- What steps should counsel and companies take to comply with the regulations and address potential issues when considering foreign investment opportunities or working with foreign investors?
White & Case
Mr. Jalinous heads the firm's National Security and CFIUS practice. His experience includes negotiating some of the... | Read More
Mr. Jalinous heads the firm's National Security and CFIUS practice. His experience includes negotiating some of the most complex and sensitive national security agreements approved by the US government. He represents clients in Exon-Florio reviews before CFIUS, as well as before several federal agencies, including the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy, with respect to mitigation of foreign ownership, control or influence (FOCI) under the applicable national industrial security regulations.Close
Andy M. Walker
Accenture - Strategy
Mr. Walker is a strategy consultant and advisor to clients who are working to understand the business and financial... | Read More
Mr. Walker is a strategy consultant and advisor to clients who are working to understand the business and financial model impacts of the CFIUS requirements, and works with companies post-mitigation program to develop the programs and operating models required by CFIUS and FOCI-mitigation agreements. He has worked with major Telecom, High Tech and A&D clients to set-up special business entities, as well as to make the changes required to pass National Security audits.Close