IRC 263(a): New Finalized Repair Regulations for Return Preparers
Applying Revisions to Accurately Capitalize Costs Under the New Rules
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will provide federal return preparers with an in-depth analysis of the final repair regulations and outline best practices for accurately filing returns according to Section 263(a) capitalization rules.
- September 2013 final repair regulations
- Comparison to 2011 version of the rules
- Following the standards under 263a and 162a
- Applying the rules to different categories of property
- Examples of how rules will affect annual filings
The panel will give you the tools you need to understand:
- Material details of the updates to Sect. 263(a), 162(a) and 168 in the latest IRS release.
- The important differences in the new regs compared to the 2011 version.
- Specific changes that have a direct impact on how tax preparers complete federal returns.
- How to meet the key challenges in applying these regulations to return completion.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Senior Manager, Accounting Methods
He is attached to the firm's National Tax Office and provides technical support to clients and firm professionals on a... | Read More
He is attached to the firm's National Tax Office and provides technical support to clients and firm professionals on a wide range of federal tax accounting issues. He previously worked in the IRS Chief Counsel's Office for five years.Close
Ms. McElroy works on a broad variety of taxpayer issues involving both accounting methods and inventories. She has... | Read More
Ms. McElroy works on a broad variety of taxpayer issues involving both accounting methods and inventories. She has worked on accounting methods for large corporate clients, and with the IRS Office of Special Counsel (Legislation). She chairs the ABA Tax Accounting Committee and previously chaired its Capitalization Subcommittee.Close