IRA Distributions and RMDs: Minimizing Taxes and Meeting SECURE 2.0 Requirements
Avoiding Excise Tax and Early Withdrawal Penalties, Charitable Contribution Strategies, Bracket Topping
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will review changes made to retirement account distributions and required minimum distributions (RMDs) by the SECURE Act. Our panel of notable financial planning experts will offer strategies to minimize tax on distributions from individual retirement plans, avoid penalties on early withdrawals, and potentially eliminate the excise tax on missed RMDs.
- IRAs and RMDs: an introduction
- SECURE 2.0
- New rules for inherited IRAs
- Penalty-free withdrawals
- Comparison to other qualified plans
- Beginning dates
- How beneficiary RMDs are determined
- Resolving missed RMDs
- IRS Notice 2022-53
- Requesting a waiver, Form 5329
- Minimizing taxes paid on distributions
- Bracket topping
- Roth IRAs
- Charitable contributions
- Other strategies
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- New IRA distribution rules for beneficiaries following the SECURE Act
- Using charitable contributions to minimize tax on retirement account distributions
- Distribution rules for IRAs vs. other qualified plans
- Rectifying missed RMDs
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.
Cannot Attend January 3?
CPE credit is not available on downloads.