IRA Beneficiary Strategies: Trusts and Charities, SECURE Act Changes, Avoiding Common Errors
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will explain how beneficiary designations impact income and transfer taxes. Our panel of IRA experts will cover the caveats and considerations of beneficiary designations, including how to advise clients in specific scenarios to minimize overall taxation properly.
- IRA beneficiary designations: an overview
- Trusts as beneficiaries
- Charitable beneficiaries
- Taxation of distributions
- SECURE Act
- Common designation mistakes to avoid
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Using see-through trusts as beneficiary designations
- When designating a charity as an IRA beneficiary should be considered
- How IRA distributions are taken and taxed after the SECURE Act
- How to avoid common errors in beneficiary designations
- When the estate should and should not be a designated beneficiary of an IRA
Lawrence K.Y. Pon, CPA/PFS, CFP, EA, USTCP, AEP
Pon & Associates
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and... | Read More
Mr. Pon has been in practice since 1986 providing comprehensive tax and financial planning, tax preparation and representation.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 04/16/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39. CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event.
See NASBA details.
Live Webinar & CPE Processing
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $200 (through 04/16/21)
Live Webinar & Download