IP Rights in eSports: Maximizing Brand Control, Minimizing Infringement Risks
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide IP counsel advising eSports game creators, designers, event sponsors, gamers and others in the eSports industry on protecting IP rights. The panel will discuss infringement and enforcement as well as IP provisions in contracts to maximize control over the products and brands.
- Protecting IP rights in eSports through licensing and enforcement
- Trade dress
- Common challenges
- Cheat bots
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the infringement vulnerabilities for game developers? Event organizers? Sponsors? Gamers?
- What are the copyright, trademark and patent issues that counsel should anticipate and address during the development of an eSports game? What IP issues arise during eSports tournaments?
- What strategies should IP counsel employ to police and enforce IP rights in the video gaming industry?
- Are there performance rights for participants in eSports tournaments?
Tamany Vinson Bentz
Ms. Bentz focuses on intellectual property litigation, including patent, trade secrets, trademarks and copyright... | Read More
Ms. Bentz focuses on intellectual property litigation, including patent, trade secrets, trademarks and copyright litigation. As a litigator she has appeared before various jurisdictions around the country, including federal district courts in California, New Jersey, New York and Maryland, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the International Trade Commission and has on numerous occasions represented clients in the District of Delaware.Close
Ms. Culp works with digital media, video game, and consumer products companies to resolve their high-stakes IP... | Read More
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 01/11/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 01/11/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H