IP Protection and Limitations for Fictional Characters: Trademark, Copyright, and Contract Rights
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide IP counsel on the legal protections available for fictional characters. The panel will discuss strategies for using copyright, trademark rights, and contract provisions to build equity in fictional characters. They will also discuss limitations on exclusive use and will offer best practices for protecting fictional characters.
- Fictional characters and the law
- Copyright protection for fictional characters
- Trademark protection for fictional characters
- Rights of publicity protection for fictional characters
- Limitations for protection of fictional characters
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What aspects of a fictional character are protected by copyright, and what can be protected with trademark law?
- How should the work of independent contractors be managed to result in protection for the character's owner?
- What limitations are there in protecting fictional characters under copyright law? Under trademark law?
- What best practices should counsel follow in protecting a fictional character?
Amanda E. Schreyer
Morse Barnes-Brown & Pendleton
An experienced transactional lawyer, Ms. Schreyer focuses her practice on licensing and technology; intellectual... | Read More
An experienced transactional lawyer, Ms. Schreyer focuses her practice on licensing and technology; intellectual property; and privacy and data security. She represents a broad range of media, marketing and e-commerce clients, including media conglomerates and digital publishers; advertising and marketing agencies; video game and software developers; and authors, filmmakers, and creative entrepreneurs, in connection with a variety of transactional matters. Ms. Schreyer serves as an adjunct professor of Trademark Law at Suffolk University Law School, has been a guest lecturer at Northeastern University School of Law and at the University of New Hampshire School of Law, and is a frequent speaker on social media, IP and data privacy at conferences around the country.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/03/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 04/03/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H