IP Agreements: Structuring Indemnification and Limitation of Liability Provisions to Allocate Infringement Risk
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to IP owners, licensees and licensors to protect their interests by allocating infringement risks during negotiations by use of indemnification and limitation of liability provisions in the agreement. The panel will offer best practices for negotiating and structuring these provisions to effectively allocate risk between the parties.
- Agreements in which indemnification and limitation of liability provisions are likely to appear
- Common structures for indemnification provisions
- Common structures for limitation of liability provisions
- Best practices for negotiating and structuring these provisions to allocate risk
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What IP-specific issues should be considered when structuring indemnification and limitation of liability provisions in IP agreements?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues when negotiating indemnification and what are some effective strategies for resolving them?
- What approaches should counsel use to protect a client’s interests when negotiating an indemnification provision?
Kenneth A. Sprang
Washington International Business Counsel
Mr. Sprang counsels and represents domestic and international clients in a wide range of corporate, business and... | Read More
Mr. Sprang counsels and represents domestic and international clients in a wide range of corporate, business and transactional matters. Over the course of his 30 plus year career, he has practiced with both large and small firms, as well as serving as in house counsel for Fortune 500 companies and as general counsel to smaller companies. Mr. Sprang counsels clients in corporate governance and negotiation, drafting, and review of contracts, real estate documents, and other instruments.Close
Mr. Younkin represents clients in patent litigation and other technology-related disputes. He has represented clients... | Read More
Mr. Younkin represents clients in patent litigation and other technology-related disputes. He has represented clients in patent infringement suits involving a variety of technologies, including biotechnology, mechanical systems and business methods. Mr. Younkin has also represented clients in contract disputes and other commercial controversies relating to IP.Close