Internal Investigations After Alleged Corporate Malfeasance: Best Practices for Companies and Counsel
Evaluating Organizational Issues, Developing the Record, Document Review, Witness Interviews
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will update counsel on the 2020 American College of Trial Lawyer's current recommendations on evaluating whether to conduct a corporate internal investigation and, if so, strategies for conducting and managing the investigation to minimize the likelihood of a government investigation and reduce potential penalties for wrongdoing.
- Initial organizational issues
- Creating the record, document review, and witness interviews
- Record of the investigation
- Post-investigation use of internal documents and work product
- Recommendations and best practices
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What types of issues should trigger an internal investigation?
- What type of organizational issues should counsel consider when beginning an internal investigation?
- What privileges are implicated in investigations, and how can companies avoid compromising any legal protections?
- What precautions should counsel make when documenting an investigation?
Julia G. Mirabella
Ms. Mirabella advises clients on a broad range of issues in connection with government and internal investigations,... | Read More
Ms. Mirabella advises clients on a broad range of issues in connection with government and internal investigations, special committee and board-led investigations, whistleblower complaints, and building, enhancing and testing compliance programs. As a part of her work, she represents public companies, financial institutions, and senior officers in connection with high-profile and complex matters including domestic and cross-border internal investigations as well as investigations initiated by the Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and other federal and state regulators. Ms. Mirabella has handled matters involving, among other things, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the False Claims Act (FCA) and various securities laws and regulations.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 01/29/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 01/29/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H