Integrating Information Security Protections in Supplier Agreements: Guidance for Business and Technology Counsel
Evaluating Data Security Risks, Negotiating Contractual Protections, Monitoring Supplier Performance
This program is postponed. New date TBD.
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide business and technology counsel for incorporating information security protocols into supplier contracts. The program will discuss due diligence strategies, specific clauses to include in agreements, and effective tactics for monitoring supplier performance and compliance with contractual terms and relevant privacy and security laws.
- Internal and vendor due diligence
- Contractual protections
- Information handling and security procedures and requirements
The speaker will review these and other key issues:
- What types of business information require security protection and why are contractual protections important?
- What mistakes do businesses make when designing a comprehensive security protocol?
- What issues should business counsel address during initial internal due diligence? What should counsel address in supplier due diligence?
- What are the contractual protections to include in supplier agreements?
- What issues should business counsel anticipate when negotiating with suppliers?
Matthew A. Karlyn
Morrison & Foerster
Mr. Karlyn has extensive experience with transactions relating to outsourcing and information technology, including IT... | Read More
Mr. Karlyn has extensive experience with transactions relating to outsourcing and information technology, including IT outsourcing, business process outsourcing, application development, data center leasing, development and managed services, technology licensing, cloud computing transactions, systems integration, privacy, security and information management issues, co-location and software development.Close