Insurance Coverage in TCPA Claims: Guidance for Insurers and Policyholders
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the complex insurance coverage issues that arise in defense of Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA) claims. Our panel will explore best practices for insurers and policyholders over the full arch of the claims process, from initial notice to resolution, along with recent case law discussing some of the evolving coverage issues in this area of law.
- Overview of Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991
- Potential damages
- Insurance coverage for TCPA violations
- CGL coverage
- E&O coverage
- D&O coverage
- Recent case law developments
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- Do TCPA claims arise from an invasion of privacy for purposes of determining coverage?
- How have courts’ definition of “wrongful act” impacted determinations of coverage for TCPA claims?
- What TCPA-specific exclusions or riders have proven effective for courts deciding coverage disputes?
Aaron S. Weiss
Carlton Fields Jorden Burt
Mr. Weiss maintains a national litigation practice focused on telecommunications law, class actions and consumer... | Read More
Mr. Weiss maintains a national litigation practice focused on telecommunications law, class actions and consumer claims. He also frequently counsels insurance companies on complex coverage issues relating to class actions and other aggregated litigation. Mr. Weiss has particularly extensive experience in litigating matters under the TCPA. He has litigated dozens of TCPA cases on both a single plaintiff and class basis. His experience includes cases relating to conduct that occurred as early as 2005, and he has been involved in many precedent-setting Florida TCPA decisions.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 07/27/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 07/27/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H