Insurance Coverage for Data Security Breaches
Evaluating Policy Options, Overcoming Coverage Challenges, Analyzing Litigation Trends
85% of businesses have experienced a data security breach
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will provide an overview of trends in data breach litigation and liabilities and analyze how standard and specialty business insurance policies may provide coverage for data breach liability. The panel will discuss best practices for litigating coverage disputes for data breach losses.
- Trends in data breach litigation and liabilities
- Analyzing scope of coverage
- What is typically covered
- First and third party options
- Factors insurers consider when issuing policies
- Specialty cybersecurity policies
- Litigating coverage disputes for data breach losses
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What should companies look for in existing business insurance policies before considering specialty cybersecurity insurance?
- What traditional business policies are likely to yield the most effective coverage for data breach losses?
- What defenses are likely to be raised in coverage dispute litigation—and how can counsel effectively overcome these challenges?
He has represented numerous corporate and non-profit policyholders in various industries, with recoveries for his... | Read More
He has represented numerous corporate and non-profit policyholders in various industries, with recoveries for his clients well in excess of $1 billion. His practice involves matters ranging from international arbitration, directors' and officers' (D&O) insurance, insurance captives, business income and property insurance, commercial crime insurance, and data security.Close
Donna L. Wilson
Kelley Drye & Warren
As a founding partner of the firm’s nationally-renowned Insurance Recovery Practice, she assists corporate and... | Read More
As a founding partner of the firm’s nationally-renowned Insurance Recovery Practice, she assists corporate and individual policyholders in obtaining coverage. She has successfully assisted clients in coverage disputes, ranging from claims from individual directors/officers for defense costs, to claims for damage to property arising from disasters, to defense and liability costs for mass torts.Close
Clyde & Co.
She practices in the area of professional liability representing professionals and their insurers regarding coverage... | Read More
She practices in the area of professional liability representing professionals and their insurers regarding coverage evaluations and disputes, litigation management, creative approaches to dispute resolution and litigation alternatives. She represents professional liability and employment practices liability insurers with respect to individual risks and comprehensive insurance programs nationally.Close