Insurance Coverage for Data Breaches and Other Privacy, Cybersecurity and Data Protection-Related Incidents
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide participants with an analysis of the current trends and developments in insurance coverage for data breaches and other serious privacy, cybersecurity and data protection-related incidents. Our panel of experts will discuss the recent trends in privacy and cybersecurity-related claims, litigation, and regulatory developments. Against the legal and regulatory background, our panel of experts will analyze potential insurance coverage for privacy and cybersecurity-related risks and exposures, including under “cyber” insurance and other potentially applicable insurance policies. Our panel of experts will also share with participants tips for placing appropriate coverage, and for maximizing coverage in a claims setting.
- Trends in privacy and cybersecurity-related claims and regulatory developments
- Insurance coverage that may respond to privacy and cybersecurity-related losses and exposures
- Current status of recent case law that has emerged regarding insurance coverage for privacy and cybersecurity-related risks
- Cyber insurance trends and developments, and how to place and maximize coverage
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- What types of insurance may respond to cover an organization’s losses and liabilities arising out of a data breach, or other privacy or cybersecurity incident, including losses incurred in connection with claims made against the organization, forensics, costs associated with notification to potentially impacted individuals, public relations, credit monitoring, other crisis management activities, and business interruption?
- What are the current trends in privacy and cybersecurity-related claims and regulatory developments?
- What are important takeaways from the emerging body of case law on insurance coverage for privacy and cybersecurity-related incidents?
- What are the current trends and developments in “cyber” insurance?
Roberta Anderson Sutton
Owner and Principal
RAS Enterprise Risk Management Services
Ms. Sutton concentrates her practice in the areas of management liability, insurance recovery, and emerging... | Read More
Ms. Sutton concentrates her practice in the areas of management liability, insurance recovery, and emerging cybersecurity, privacy, and data protection-related issues, including security incident planning and breach response, and directors and officers liability-related issues.Close
William T. Um
Jassy Vick Carolan
Mr. Um is a nationally recognized litigator who focuses his practice on complex business litigation, insurance recovery... | Read More
Mr. Um is a nationally recognized litigator who focuses his practice on complex business litigation, insurance recovery advice, and related coverage litigation. He advises and represents corporate policyholders in complex insurance coverage claims relating to a variety of matters including class actions, media liability, data breach, and privacy issues, professional services liability, directors and officers liability, intellectual property disputes, and various environmental and toxic tort matters. He also handles general business litigation matters involving complex commercial contracts, fraud and misrepresentation claims, and unfair competition and unfair business practices. Throughout his career, he has helped his clients recover hundreds of millions of dollars in various types of insurance matters. His clients include internet and media entities, financial institutions, aerospace companies, and professional services entities.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 11/08/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 11/08/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H