Insurance Bad Faith Claims: Expanding Scope of Insurers Liability From Policyholder and Insurer Perspectives
Evolving Liability Theories, Institutional Claims, Attorney-Client Privilege and Punitive Damages
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will analyze key developments in bad faith litigation and how these issues serve to expand the insurer’s exposure to bad faith claims. The program will look at recent trends in the attorney-client protection between insurer’s counsel and claims representatives, new theories of liability, the increased focus on institutional claims and the expanding scope of punitive damages claims.
- Evolving standards for imposing bad faith liability
- Institutional bad faith claims
- Size and scope of punitive damage awards
- First party UM/UIM claims
- Attorney-client privilege
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Has there been a trend toward the erosion of the attorney-client privilege in bad faith litigation?
- How many other instances of bad faith does a plaintiff need to prove an institutional claim—five, ten, more?
- What are trends in punitive damages awards in bad faith litigation?
Christian A. Cavallo
Mr. Cavallo is an insurance coverage litigator representing insurers in high-value cases in state and federal courts.... | Read More
Mr. Cavallo is an insurance coverage litigator representing insurers in high-value cases in state and federal courts. His practice involves drafting coverage opinions and memoranda analyzing his clients’ rights and obligations under complex insurance contracts and providing advice to claims personnel and assigned counsel concerning a wide variety of coverage issues.Close
Danya J. Pincavage
Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin
Ms. Pincavage concentrates her practice in the areas of Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation representing... | Read More
Ms. Pincavage concentrates her practice in the areas of Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation representing individuals & corporate policyholders in disputes with insurance companies.Close