Insurance and Indemnity Provisions in Commercial Real Estate Contracts: PSAs, Leases, and Construction Contracts
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide insight into insurance and indemnification provisions in real estate purchase and sale agreements (PSAs), leases, and construction contracts. The panel will discuss current trends and practical strategies in negotiating and litigating these provisions.
- Indemnification obligations in commercial PSAs
- Seller indemnification
- Buyer indemnification
- Other indemnification issues
- Indemnification obligations in lease agreements
- Commercial leases
- Indemnification in construction contracts
- Applicable law
- Various positions
- Strategies and practical considerations
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- How can counsel craft adequate indemnification lease provisions that protect their clients?
- How can counsel best mitigate risk or allocate risk when drafting and negotiating these provisions?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues around these provisions, and what are effective strategies for resolving them?
- What are the insights into current trends for practical strategies in negotiating these provisions?
Michael S. Hale
Mr. Hale has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance industry as an attorney and a broker, and has... | Read More
Mr. Hale has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance industry as an attorney and a broker, and has represented both insurers and policyholders in coverage-related matters. He has taught insurance and risk management to thousands of insurance professionals and is routinely published as an expert on these topics. In addition, Mr. Hale has served as an expert witness in more than 150 insurance coverage and errors and omissions cases.Close
Janis K. Cheezem
Partner, Real Estate
Ms. Cheezem leases, buys, sells, and finances office buildings and mixed-use, retail, residential, and industrial... | Read More
Ms. Cheezem leases, buys, sells, and finances office buildings and mixed-use, retail, residential, and industrial real estate for her clients. She also provides counsel for property management issues and in workouts and restructurings of commercial real estate assets. She is recognized by Who’s Who Legal and The Best Lawyers in America for real estate law. She represents landlords, tenants, lenders, sellers, and purchasers in complex and bread and butter transactions. She has been primarily responsible for the leasing, selling, and purchasing millions of square feet of office, retail, mixed-use, and industrial properties. Janis applies innovative and practical solutions to meet business objectives and close deals, even when transactions involve multiple parties and shifting assumptions.Close