Insurance and Indemnity Provisions in Commercial Real Estate Contracts: PSAs, Leases, and Construction Contracts
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide insight into insurance and indemnification provisions in real estate purchase and sale agreements (PSAs), leases, and construction contracts. The panel will discuss current trends and practical strategies in negotiating and litigating these provisions, the advanced arguments made by the parties to these instruments, and how to resolve complex disputes over these clauses.
- Indemnification obligations in commercial PSAs
- Seller indemnification
- Buyer indemnification
- Other indemnification issues
- Indemnification obligations in lease agreements
- Commercial leases
- Indemnification in construction contracts
- Applicable law
- Various positions
- Strategies and practical considerations
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- How can counsel craft adequate indemnification lease provisions that protect their clients?
- How can counsel best mitigate risk or allocate risk when drafting and negotiating these provisions?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues around these provisions and what are some effective strategies for resolving them?
- What are the insights in current trends for practical strategies in negotiating and litigating these provisions?
Zachary J. Crain
Nilan Johnson Lewis
Mr. Crain’s clients include businesses, hospitals and medical providers, social services charities, insurers and... | Read More
Mr. Crain’s clients include businesses, hospitals and medical providers, social services charities, insurers and nonprofit health plans, and trade associations. He advises these clients on corporate and real estate transactions, and on regulatory compliance and risk management matters. Mr. Crain also has experience representing healthcare professionals in licensing and regulatory proceedings.Close
Daniel J. Singel
Mr. Singel's practice is devoted to civil defense litigation. He also advises clients on questions of... | Read More
Mr. Singel's practice is devoted to civil defense litigation. He also advises clients on questions of insurance coverage, contracts, and corporate issues. Much of his work has been in the construction litigation field, where he has represented general contractors, developers, and subcontractors on cases involving everything from single-family homes to multimillion dollar commercial projects.Close