Indirect Cost Rates for Nonprofit Organizations: Reimbursement of Facilities and Administrative Costs
A live 110-minute CPE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will identify the guidance within 2 CFR Part 200 and provide strategies and best practices to achieve the organization’s costing goals. The panel will provide practical, hands-on context to help you increase your direct and indirect cost recovery and manage your indirect costs rate. The panel will also describe the different rate development methodologies and allocation questions, discuss strategies for enhancing indirect costs recovery and other guidance to mitigate risk.
- Establishing cost practices and policies
- Indirect cost methods
- Joint cost allocations
- Identifying allowed and allowable costs
- Negotiating indirect cost reimbursements
The panel will discuss these and other relevant topics:
- Treatment of fundraising and development costs
- Typical examples of direct and indirect costs and why it varies for NFP organizations
- Administration and negotiation of indirect rates
- Negotiation process and how to respond to audit requests
- Types of indirect cost rates and the pros and cons of each one
Alex P. Weekes
ML Weekes & Company
Mr. Weekes has worked for more than 25 years serving clients receiving grants and contracts from federal agencies,... | Read More
Mr. Weekes has worked for more than 25 years serving clients receiving grants and contracts from federal agencies, helping in complying with related administrative regulations. Previously in his career, he was an auditor for the U.S. Defense Contract Audit Agency and worked in Ernst & Young's government contract services practice.Close
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.