In-House Counsel and Attorney-Client Privilege
Protecting Confidential Business Information During Investigations, Discovery, Depositions and Litigation
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare in-house counsel to protect confidential business communications during investigations, discovery, depositions and litigation through the proper exercise of the attorney-client privilege.
- Business advice versus legal advice
- Discoverable facts versus privileged communications
- Proving that attorney-client privilege applies to certain communications
- Preparing in-house counsel for depositions
The panel will address these and other key issues:
- What steps can in-house counsel take to attempt to preserve the attorney-client privilege in certain communications?
- What are the limitations of and exceptions to attorney-client privilege?
- How can discoverable facts and privileged communications be distinguished?
- What are the best practices for in-house counsel to make distinctions between business advice and legal advice?
- How can in-house counsel prepare to address the privilege issues that arise during depositions?
Michael B. Hayes
Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads
Mr. Hayes is a Partner at Montgomery McCracken, where his practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, internal... | Read More
Mr. Hayes is a Partner at Montgomery McCracken, where his practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, internal investigations and white collar defense. Mr. Hayes is a frequent columnist and CLE presenter on attorney-client privilege, professional responsibility and cutting-edge electronic discovery issues.Close
Kenneth E. McKay
Mr. McKay has experience in a wide range of litigation areas. He concentrates on commercial litigation and real... | Read More
Mr. McKay has experience in a wide range of litigation areas. He concentrates on commercial litigation and real estate litigation, including eminent domain/condemnation matters.Close
Bruce M. Sabados
Katten Muchin Rosenman
Mr. Sabados concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on securities and financial... | Read More
Mr. Sabados concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on securities and financial services-related matters and secured lender litigation. His clients include securities firms, international banks, hedge funds, high net worth individuals and asset-backed lenders. He currently represents financial institutions in claw-back claims brought by the Madoff estate trustee and the liquidator of a Madoff feeder fund.Close