IC-DISC: Compliance Challenges in the Federal Tax Break for Exporters
Leveraging Benefits Arising From the Dividend Tax Solution
Recording of a 110-minute CPE/CLE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will prepare tax counsel, professionals and advisors to take on the tough challenges of leveraging tax benefits of IC-DISC formation. The panel will review and explain the key strategic steps for forming entities, tax planning, and maintaining compliance.
- Background and tax benefits of IC-DISCs
- Applicable IRC sections
- Tax court decisions and IRS guidance
- Higher-level compliance issues arising from aspects such as:
- Ownership structures
- Deemed distributions
The panel will guide you through issues including:
- Maximizing unique IC-DISC tax benefits.
- Understanding tax liability for DISC structures under the new federal dividend tax rate and Medicare tax.
- Meeting the three requirements to receive income from export property sales and other aspects of the IC-DISC rules.
- Improving liquidity for the parent and shareholders—steps to consider.
- Completing IRS Form 1120-IC-DISC, the unique tax return that applies only to the IC-DISC entity.
Managing Director, Global Tax Services
Mr. Loizeaux has more than 25 years of public accounting and industry experience in international corporate tax. He has... | Read More
Mr. Loizeaux has more than 25 years of public accounting and industry experience in international corporate tax. He has extensive technical expertise in complex international compliance, repatriation strategies, structuring foreign operations and exports – IC DISC. Prior to joining CLA, he was a Director with a major accounting firm and was the international tax manager for a multinational company responsible for the management of research, planning and compliance for foreign tax matters in foreign jurisdictions and related to U.S. income taxes.Close
Robert J. Misey, Jr.
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren
Mr. Misey is attached to the firm's Tax and Business Law Practices, and chairs its International Practice. He... | Read More
Mr. Misey is attached to the firm's Tax and Business Law Practices, and chairs its International Practice. He works primarily on international taxation and tax controversies for clients in industries ranging from manufacturing to entertainment. He previously spent nine years with the IRS.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CPE On-DemandSee NASBA details.