Hydraulic Fracturing and Local Laws: Leveraging State Preemption, Addressing Fracking Risks and Zoning Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with a review of state preemption of local government regulation of oil and gas activity and how different states are responding to the issue. The panel will offer best practices for addressing local efforts to regulate fracking operations and risks associated with fracking.
- What local governments are doing and state preemption
- Court treatment
- Best practices for regulatory compliance while addressing the risks associated with fracking
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- Where do state laws occupy the entire field of oil and gas preemption?
- When and how have local governments attained the authority to regulate such activity through zoning?
- How are state courts treating the preemption issue with regard to fracking challenges?
- What steps can counsel take to help ensure regulatory compliance while addressing fracking concerns?
Joel F. Visser
Ms. Goldberg supervises and conducts legal advocacy and litigation related to global warming and environmental... | Read More
Ms. Goldberg supervises and conducts legal advocacy and litigation related to global warming and environmental health. Prior to joining Earthjustice, she concentrated in cases involving environmental impact review, historic preservation, and hazardous waste issues.Close
Steven C. Russo
Mr. Russo focuses his practice on environmental law and litigation, environmental permitting, National... | Read More
Mr. Russo focuses his practice on environmental law and litigation, environmental permitting, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) review, toxic tort litigation, environmental crimes, Brownfields redevelopment, government, energy and the environmental aspects of land use and real estate law. He also litigates in federal and state courts and counsels clients with regard to environmental liability risk and due diligence, permitting, Brownfields, and impact assessment and review.Close