Hybrid Corporations as an Emerging Business Structure: Latest Legal Developments
Evaluating Flexible Purpose, Social Purpose and Benefit Corporations; Legal Considerations for Documentation
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the latest legal trends regarding hybrid corporations, discuss the benefits and risks of pursuing this emerging corporate structure, explain circumstances in which a hybrid structure is appropriate, and review best practices for drafting corporate documents.
Defining hybrid corporations and the various forms
- Benefit corporations
- Flexible purpose corporations
- Social purpose corporations
- Recent legal developments in the use of hybrid corporations—states with hybrid corporation statutes
- Determining when a hybrid corporate structure is appropriate
- Corporate documentation considerations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How are hybrid corporations being used as an alternative to traditional nonprofit and for-profit businesses?
- What are the key benefits and risks of establishing a hybrid corporate structure?
- What are the critical legal considerations for structuring and documenting a hybrid corporation?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
David A. Levitt
Adler & Colvin
His practice focuses on the representation of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations, with an emphasis on... | Read More
His practice focuses on the representation of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations, with an emphasis on program-related investments, revenue-generating activities, and transactions between for profit and nonprofit entities. He previously practiced as a corporate attorney, focusing in the areas of corporate and transactional law. He has served as Secretary and Vice Chair of the San Francisco Chapter of the Social Enterprise Alliance and is a member of his firm's social enterprise team.Close