Hotel Management Agreements: Key Topics and New Frontiers
Navigating Fees, Exclusivity, Approval Rights, Finance Provisions, Brand Management and More
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will cover topics of central importance to counsel preparing or reviewing hotel management agreements from a range of perspectives—whether as counsel to owner, operator, lender or potential acquiror.
- The Base Fee, the Incentive Fees and All Those Other Charges
- Key Money
- Financing: Lender hot buttons
- Approval Rights Every Owner Should Have
- Performance Tests: Make It Meaningful
- The Brand Management Agreement - Technical Services and Pre-Opening Agreements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can counsel best balance incentives for owners and operators?
- How are the fees structured to achieve the objectives of both parties?
- How do counsel for lenders think through management agreement risks?
- What kinds of criteria are most relevant for gauging performance?
- How might one-off purchasers and bulk purchasers in leveraged buyouts conduct due diligence of in-place hotel management agreements?
Albert J. Pucciarelli
McElroy Deutsch Mulvaney & Carpenter
Mr. Pucciarelli's practice is concentrated in the areas of hotel and resort development and operations and real... | Read More
Mr. Pucciarelli's practice is concentrated in the areas of hotel and resort development and operations and real estate law. His experience extends to all aspects of hotel and commercial real estate development and financing. He previously was Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Inter-Continental Hotels with over 200 hotels in 70 countries. His clients include the owners and developers of Marriott, Courtyard, Ritz-Carlton, Fairmont, Mandarin-Oriental, Park Hyatt, Andaz, St. Regis, Westin, Crown Plaza and Indigo hotel and resort projects, various hotel management companies and several closely held companies.Close
Ormend G. Yeilding
Lowndes Drosdick Doster Kantor & Reed
Mr. Yeilding's practice concentrates on hotel and resort development and commercial leasing, specializing in... | Read More
Mr. Yeilding's practice concentrates on hotel and resort development and commercial leasing, specializing in negotiating hotel management agreements with the hotel brands and with independent 3rd party managers. He routinely represents developers and institutional investors in the acquisition, financing, restructuring and disposition of resorts, hotels, golf courses and other leisure assets. He almost exclusively represents hotel owners, and negotiates hotel management agreements on behalf of REITS, hotel developers and private equity owners.Close