Hospital Outpatient Services: Complying With CMS Physician Supervision Rules to Protect Medicare Reimbursement
This program has been cancelled
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare healthcare counsel to guide hospitals through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) supervision requirements for outpatient services. The panel will discuss where there are more stringent requirements, incident to billing as it relates to supervision requirements, and how hospitals should respond to common supervision challenges.
- Supervision requirements
- Advanced practitioner (APs) supervision
- Qualifications of physician or AP
- Therapeutic services
- Diagnostic services
- On-campus services
- Off-campus services
- Under arrangements
- Compliance challenges for hospitals
- Identifying qualified physicians and APs
- Elimination of services?
- Incident to billing as it relates to supervision requirements
- Best practices
- Assess outpatient operations
- Evaluate resources and physician relationships
- Review and revise supervision policies and procedures
The panel will review these and other crucial questions:
- How do the CMS requirements for physician supervision of hospital outpatient services impact hospital operations?
- What challenges do hospitals face in meeting the supervision requirements?
- What steps should hospitals take to ensure compliance with the rules?
Douglas A. Grimm, FACHE
Mr. Grimm focuses his practice on the representation of hospitals and healthcare systems with an emphasis on regulatory... | Read More
Mr. Grimm focuses his practice on the representation of hospitals and healthcare systems with an emphasis on regulatory counseling in the areas of compliance planning, government investigations, health information privacy and security, reimbursement issues, health information technology, peer review/medical staff and certificates of need, development of new service lines, licensure and provider enrollment, and insurance issues. He previously served as a chief operating officer of multiple acute-care hospitals throughout the U.S.Close
Hillary M. Stemple
Ms. Stemple advises clients on compliance with healthcare fraud and abuse laws, with an emphasis on the Stark law and... | Read More
Ms. Stemple advises clients on compliance with healthcare fraud and abuse laws, with an emphasis on the Stark law and anti-kickback statute. She advises clients on internal and external investigations, particularly those related to the False Claims Act, as well as on reimbursement issues, licensing requirements, and other compliance matters. She helps clients respond to government subpoenas, address related compliance issues, and negotiate associated settlement agreements and corporate integrity agreements.Close