Historic Tax Credits: Federal Tax Issues for Investors and Developers
Navigating IRS Qualifications, Structuring Deals After Historic Boardwalk Hall, and Pairing With Other Tax Credits
Recording of a 110-minute premium CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will provide counsel with an overview of the historic tax credit, the impact of Historic Boardwalk Hall on current deal terms and structures, and combining with other tax credit programs. The panel will discuss best practices for structuring projects to ensure compliance with IRS program requirements.
Overview of historic tax credits
- Qualified properties and expenditures
- Calculation of tax credit
- IRS requirements and guidelines
- Analysis of Historic Boardwalk Hall and other IRS challenges
- Deal terms and structures post-Boardwalk
- Pairing with low-income housing or new market tax credits
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are common deal structures and terms for HTC transactions?
- What will be the impact of the Historic Boardwalk Hall ruling on current HTC transactions?
- How can HTC best be paired or combined with other tax credits?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Penny S. Indictor
Berman Indictor & Poppel
She focuses her practice on various aspects of federal income taxation, including partnership taxation, real estate... | Read More
She focuses her practice on various aspects of federal income taxation, including partnership taxation, real estate taxation, and transactions involving Low-Income Housing, Historic, and New Markets tax credits. Her experience includes structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing tax credit transactions and other complex equity investments.Close
Daniel J. Kolodner
Mr. Kolodner focuses his practice on community development projects utilizing tax credit financing. He... | Read More
Mr. Kolodner focuses his practice on community development projects utilizing tax credit financing. He specializes in complex deal structuring, combining tax incentives—such as New Market Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, and Renewable Energy Tax Credits—state tax credits and other financing sources in a variety of community development projects.Close