Heightened Antitrust Enforcement: New Emphasis, New Risks
Sharpening Compliance to Withstand Tougher DOJ Scrutiny
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will examine the current antitrust enforcement environment, highlighting emerging risks for businesses. The panel will outline strategies for counsel to ensure compliance with antitrust laws and new enforcement measures.
- Risks/enforcement environment
- Weaker internal training, prevention and detection efforts (to cut costs)
- Employees desperate to perform
- Less intense managerial scrutiny
- Vigorous enforcement under the new administration
- What prompts investigations
- Lessons learned from recent enforcement action
- Red flags
- Honest services fraud
- Recent enforcement
- Best practices for compliance
- Initiate/review monitoring and compliance programs
- Establish reporting and document management procedures
- Establish/review other internal controls
- Working with antitrust enforcers
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How has the combination of the economic downturn and the new administration brought additional risks for antitrust violations for businesses and their employees?
- What types of business activity are likely to trigger an investigation by antitrust enforcers?
- What are the best practices for companies and counsel to ensure antitrust compliance?
J. Brady Dugan
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
He focuses on government investigations with a particular emphasis on criminal antitrust matters. He also has... | Read More
He focuses on government investigations with a particular emphasis on criminal antitrust matters. He also has significant experience with the antitrust review of mergers and acquisitions. Before joining the firm, he served at the Department of Justice, where he led the investigation and prosecution of the international marine hose cartel. He also investigated and prosecuted white collar crimes.Close
Stephen B. Donovan
Chief Counsel - Antitrust
His responsibilities include oversight of global compliance efforts across a number of areas, including antitrust,... | Read More
His responsibilities include oversight of global compliance efforts across a number of areas, including antitrust, anticorruption, import and export, and money-laundering. He has considerable experience in designing and implementing global compliance programs, training on multi-jurisdictional compliance topics, and conducting cross-border internal investigations.Close
Senior Counsel, Antitrust
He advises the company’s business clients and the Corporate Strategy and Technology Group on proposed... | Read More
He advises the company’s business clients and the Corporate Strategy and Technology Group on proposed mergers and acquisition in the U.S. and abroad. He also oversees antitrust compliance programs for Northrop Grumman worldwide.Close
Mark R. Rosman
U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division
Since 2004, he has served as the Assistant Chief of the National Criminal Enforcement Section of the U.S. Department of... | Read More
Since 2004, he has served as the Assistant Chief of the National Criminal Enforcement Section of the U.S. Department of Justice's Antitrust Division. He is the lead attorney of the Division's Air Transportation price fixing investigation, resulting in over 1.6 billion dollars in fines. From 2002-04, he served as a Special Assistant to the Directors of Enforcement for the Antitrust Division.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include course handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio