Healthcare Contracting With Vendors and Suppliers
Negotiating Indemnification, Limitation of Liability, Change of Control, and Other Key Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel on healthcare contracting with vendors and suppliers. The panel will examine the key provisions to be included in these contracts and offer strategies for negotiating some of the crucial clauses that may be contentious between the vendor and facility.
- Key provisions in healthcare contracts with vendors/suppliers
- Limitation of liability
- Scope of services
- Contract term and termination for convenience
- Change of control
- Performance requirements
- Privacy and security (HIPAA, PHI)
- Best practices for negotiating critical provisions
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What provisions should counsel include in hospital and healthcare organization contracts with vendors and suppliers?
- What steps should counsel take during contract negotiations to avoid problems related to change in ownership of the vendor?
- What can hospitals and healthcare organizations do during contract negotiations to minimize the privacy and security risks related to protecting health information?
Alexis Finkelberg Bortniker
Foley & Lardner
Ms. Bortniker is a member of the firm’s Healthcare Industry Team. Her practice focuses on transactional and... | Read More
Ms. Bortniker is a member of the firm’s Healthcare Industry Team. Her practice focuses on transactional and regulatory matters with an emphasis on counseling health systems, hospitals, and other providers in managed care and physician contracting. Ms. Bortniker has experience analyzing and restructuring complicated physician-hospital relationships to ensure compliance from Stark and anti-kickback perspective. In addition, she counsels healthcare clients in general corporate and regulatory compliance matters, including employment negotiations, HIPAA compliance, reporting and disclosure requirements and marketing compliance.Close
Ms. Glitman counsels clients on a variety of healthcare regulatory and transactional matters. Her practice focuses on... | Read More
Ms. Glitman counsels clients on a variety of healthcare regulatory and transactional matters. Her practice focuses on advising healthcare providers on complex transactions, affiliations, joint ventures, and matters related to regulatory compliance. She drafts and negotiates agreements for a range of healthcare matters, including entity formation and dissolution, clinical trial agreements, supply contracts, physician employment and recruitment, and professional services. She also advises both strategic and private-equity investors on the acquisition and sale of healthcare businesses. and counsels clients on licensure and accreditation, HIPAA compliance, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, payor contracting and healthcare compliance matters related to the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and state fraud and abuse laws.Close