Healthcare Contracting With Vendors and Suppliers
Negotiating Indemnification, Limitation of Liability, Change of Control and Other Key Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel on healthcare contracting with vendors and suppliers. The panel will examine the key provisions to be included in these contracts and offer strategies for negotiating some of the crucial provisions which may be contentious between the vendor and facility.
- Key provisions in healthcare contracts with vendors/suppliers
- Limitation of liability
- Scope of services
- Contract term and termination for convenience
- Change of control
- Performance requirements
- Privacy and security (HIPAA, PHI)
- Best practices for negotiating key provisions
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What key provisions should counsel include in hospital and healthcare organization's contracts with vendors and suppliers?
- What steps should counsel take during contract negotiations to avoid problems related to change in ownership of the vendor?
- What can hospitals and healthcare organizations do during contract negotiations to minimize the privacy and security risks related to protecting health information?
Alexis Finkelberg Bortniker
Foley & Lardner
Ms. Bortniker is a member of the firm’s Healthcare Industry Team. Her practice focuses on transactional and... | Read More
Ms. Bortniker is a member of the firm’s Healthcare Industry Team. Her practice focuses on transactional and regulatory matters with an emphasis on counseling health systems, hospitals, and other providers in managed care and physician contracting. Ms. Bortniker has experience analyzing and restructuring complicated physician-hospital relationships to ensure compliance from Stark and anti-kickback perspective. In addition, she counsels healthcare clients in general corporate and regulatory compliance matters, including employment negotiations, HIPAA compliance, reporting and disclosure requirements and marketing compliance.Close
Andrea N. Lee
Ms. Lee is a healthcare attorney who focuses her practice on post-acute healthcare law. She represents clients in... | Read More
Ms. Lee is a healthcare attorney who focuses her practice on post-acute healthcare law. She represents clients in various transactional, regulatory and compliance matters. Ms. Lee’s clients include nursing facilities, hospices, home health agencies, and vendors, among others. In her practice Ms. Lee advises clients on structuring transactions and relationships to comply with the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA, tax exemption requirements, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement requirements, and licensure laws and regulations. She also negotiates and drafts vendor contracts, including a variety of transactions involving technology and information, such as SaaS agreements and technology licensing agreements.Close