GSA Schedule Contracts: Opportunities and Legal Risks
Complying With Complex Federal Regulations and Avoiding False Claims Act Violations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to companies pursuing or engaged in General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule contracts on the complex rules and requirements governing GSA contracting. The panel will offer best practices for developing internal controls to ensure and monitor contract compliance.
- GSA Schedule contracting process
- Proposal process
- Prerequisites for obtaining GSA Schedule contract
- Pre-award audits
- Extension process
- Areas with high risk for non-compliance and recommended compliance strategies
- Commercial sales practices (CSP) disclosures
- Price reductions clause (PRC)
- Trade Agreements Act (TAA)
- Unapproved item sales
- Employee qualifications
- GSA Schedule contracting — recent developments
- Post-award audits
- Contractor assistance audits
- False Claims Act allegations
- Aggressive federal investigations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key advantages of pursuing GSA Schedule contracts?
- What are the potential legal pitfalls in GSA Schedule contracting?
- What lessons can be learned from recent False Claims Act cases filed against or settled by GSA Schedule contractors?
- How can GSA Schedule contractors and their counsel ensure compliance with the various relevant regulatory requirements and minimize legal risks?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
J. Catherine Kunz
Crowell & Moring
Ms. Kunz's practice involves both counseling and litigating on behalf of clients in a range of government... | Read More
Ms. Kunz's practice involves both counseling and litigating on behalf of clients in a range of government contract law areas, including GSA Schedule contracting, contract claims and disputes, fraud and abuse, cost accounting issues, purchasing and subcontracting, and federal healthcare contracting. She speaks and writes frequently on government contracts topics.Close
Holly A. Roth
Manatt Phelps & Phillips
She advises clients on a broad range of federal, state, and local government contract, subcontract, federal assistance,... | Read More
She advises clients on a broad range of federal, state, and local government contract, subcontract, federal assistance, grant, and related regulatory compliance issues. She has extensive experience with GSA Schedule contracts, commercial contracts, firm fixed-price contracts, and cost-plus contracts with the federal government as well as commercial domestic and international commercial contracts.Close
Kevin J. Maynard
Mr. Maynard represents clients in federal, state and local procurement matters, including contract claims and... | Read More
Mr. Maynard represents clients in federal, state and local procurement matters, including contract claims and disputes, bid protests, government investigations and audits, civil false claims act actions and compliance issues. He has expertise on issues relating to the government's acquisition of commercial products and services under FAR Part 12, as well as issues relating to GSA Schedule contracts.Close