Growing Class Action Threat: Breaches of Consumer Personally Identifiable Information
Minimizing Litigation Risk and Maximizing Insurance Coverage
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will update class counsel on the latest legal developments regarding the protection of consumer personally identifiable information. The panel will discuss the anticipated impact of new and expanding privacy laws on class action litigation nationwide and offer strategies to minimize litigation exposure and maximize insurance coverage.
- Analysis of Song-Beverly Credit Card Act, “Shine the Light” law, and related California statutes
- Impact of consumer data protection laws on class action claims in California, Massachusetts and other states
- Strategies to minimize litigation exposure
- Strategies to maximize insurance coverage
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What new laws has the state of California recently enacted to regulate the collection and protection of consumer personally identifiable information and what is the anticipated impact on class action litigation?
- What other states have enacted statutes to protect consumer personally identifiable information?
- What steps can companies take to minimize exposure to class actions for disclosing consumer personally identifiable information?
- What type of insurance coverage best addresses this new risk and how can businesses maximize their existing coverage?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Linda D. Kornfeld
Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman
Ms. Kornfeld has dedicated her trial and appellate practice to representing companies in high-stakes insurance... | Read More
Ms. Kornfeld has dedicated her trial and appellate practice to representing companies in high-stakes insurance coverage litigation for over 20 years. She has assisted her clients in the recovery of hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance assets in a variety of complex insurance matters through settlements and trial. Ms. Kornfeld’s clients range from telecommunications companies, universities, and real estate developers to manufacturers and nonprofit organizations. She also provides strategic counseling to senior executives and in-house counsel on how to mitigate risk and maximize their insurance recoveries.Close
Tracy D. Rezvani
Rezvani Volin & Rotbert
Ms. Rezvani’s practice focuses on the prosecution of class action and commercial litigation, primarily... | Read More
Ms. Rezvani’s practice focuses on the prosecution of class action and commercial litigation, primarily involving antitrust, consumer fraud and contract disputes. She currently serves as the Co-Chair of the District of Columbia Bar's Antitrust and Consumer Steering Committee.Close
Donna L. Wilson
Manatt Phelps & Phillips
Ms. Wilson is resident in the Los Angeles office of Manatt, Phelps, and Phillips, LLC. Ms. Wilson co-chairs the... | Read More
Ms. Wilson is resident in the Los Angeles office of Manatt, Phelps, and Phillips, LLC. Ms. Wilson co-chairs the litigation group of Manatt Digital Media, as well as Manatt’s privacy and data security practice team. Her practice focuses on class action defense and data security/privacy litigation risk management and counseling across a range of industries, including new media, e-commerce, retail, telecommunications, and financial services.Close