Groundwater Contamination Litigation: Proving and Defending Against Liability
Demonstrating Nexus, Causation and Injury to Recover Damages
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide environmental counsel with a review of the regulatory structures for groundwater contamination, analyze lessons from recent significant cases, discuss trends for damage recovery, and outline best practices for proving and defending against liability.
- Federal and state regulatory structures
- Recent litigation
- Lessons learned from recent cases
- Trends in damages recovery
- Strategies for proving liability
- Identifying source
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the lessons offered by recent groundwater contamination litigation?
- How are courts reacting to arguments linking hydrofracking to groundwater contamination?
- What strategies can counsel employ to prove liability for groundwater contamination? Conversely, what strategies can defense counsel employ to defend against such claims?
Byron P. Gee
Mr. Gee represents clients in trial courts and administrative hearings on all areas of water rights and environmental... | Read More
Mr. Gee represents clients in trial courts and administrative hearings on all areas of water rights and environmental law. He specializes in the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act, the Hazardous Substance Account Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Clean Water Act, and the California Porter Cologne Act. Mr. Gee also provides counsel in administrative proceedings and defends claims based on federal, state, and local air quality regulations, as well as water rights disputes.Close
R. Trent Taylor
Mr. Taylor defends complex toxic tort and products liability cases with an emphasis on public and private nuisance... | Read More
Mr. Taylor defends complex toxic tort and products liability cases with an emphasis on public and private nuisance litigation, environmental contamination suits, and food safety issues. His experience includes defending clients in class actions, MDL coordinated proceedings, nationwide mass tort litigation, and appellate cases involving complex scientific and medical issues.Close