Green Leases: Evolving Legal Issues for Commercial Landlords and Tenants
Negotiating and Drafting Cost-Effective and Environmentally Friendly Lease Terms
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare real estate counsel to craft commercial leases with provisions focused on energy and environmental goals. The panel will examine green provisions commonly negotiated by landlords and tenants and outline potential legal risks for landlords and tenants entering into green leases.
- Current trends in green leasing
Elements of an effective green leasing program
- Establishment of sustainability goals
- Communication of goals to team, including landlord
- Site selection guidelines
- Request for proposal
- Letter of intent
Key provisions in green leases
- Construction and design
- Sustainability and energy efficiency standards
- Allocation of operating expenses and operating expense pass-throughs
- Operation and maintenance obligations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can commercial landlords craft leases that responsibly incorporate green building and maintenance concepts while minimizing costs, expense and legal risks?
- What are the key environmental responsibility provisions that should be considered when developing real estate leasing agreements?
- How can commercial tenants achieve their green objectives and protect their economic interests with green leases?
- What are some best practices for commercial landlords and tenants for resolving disputes arising from green leasing arrangements?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Head of the Green Real Estate Team in her firm, Shelli has extensive experience in representing commercial lending... | Read More
Head of the Green Real Estate Team in her firm, Shelli has extensive experience in representing commercial lending institutions in the financing and management of commercial real estate. She is also experienced in representing both landlords and tenants in office and retail leasing; and in assisting clients in the preparation of all variety of commercial real estate contracts and forms.Close
He has experience in all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing,... | Read More
He has experience in all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, workouts, leasing, development and the structuring and negotiation of complex real estate transactions.Close
He specializes in complex real estate secured transactions and related debt and equity financing arrangements. In... | Read More
He specializes in complex real estate secured transactions and related debt and equity financing arrangements. In connection with his real estate practice, he is a LEED® accredited professional who provides specialized green building services to owners and developers. His recent credits include serving as lead counsel for the development of 200,000 square food processing facility.Close