Government Investigations: Evaluating the Settlement Options
Using Deferred Prosecution and Non-Prosecution Agreements, Plea Agreements, and Declinations to Resolve Agency Enforcement Actions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare counsel to advise companies on evaluating a DPA, NPA or plea agreement in a government investigation. The panel will review key trends in government settlements and offer best practices for reaching resolution with a government agency.
- Considerations and obstacles faced when involved in multi-jurisdiction investigations
- Plea agreements
- Cease and desist orders with the SEC
- Other options related to settlements
- Key trends in settling government investigations
- Best practices to resolving government investigations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What factors impact the likelihood of NPAs and DPAs being used to resolve government investigations?
- What are key trends in how government agencies are using DPAs, NPAs, plea agreements or declinations?
- What steps can companies take to increase the chances that charges will be resolved with a DPA, NPA, plea agreement or declination?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Matthew T. Reinhard
Miller & Chevalier
Mr. Reinhard focuses his practice on white collar crime, internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. He has... | Read More
Mr. Reinhard focuses his practice on white collar crime, internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. He has conducted a number of internal investigations, including into allegations of violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, fraud, and harassment. Additionally, he has conducted FCPA-related due diligence prior to business acquisitions.Close
Thomas A. Sporkin
He counsels clients on risk management, performs compliance reviews and audits, and conducts internal investigations.... | Read More
He counsels clients on risk management, performs compliance reviews and audits, and conducts internal investigations. He spent nearly 20 years with the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Enforcement Division, serving as an investigative attorney and later as a supervisory attorney, leading investigations involving the FCPA, financial fraud, insider trading and market manipulation.Close
Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason Anello & Bohrer
Her practice focuses on government investigations and enforcement actions in criminal and regulatory contexts. She has... | Read More
Her practice focuses on government investigations and enforcement actions in criminal and regulatory contexts. She has significant experience with export controls and FCPA investigations and compliance reviews, conducting internal investigations in the U.S. and abroad in response to allegations of bribery and corruption. She has experience with voluntary disclosures and negotiated resolutions.Close