Government Construction Contracting: Advanced Strategies for Primes and Subcontractors
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide construction counsel with practical guidance on the most common problem areas encountered in federal government construction contracts. The panel will discuss not only general construction matters as they relate to the government procurement process but also cover specific performance issues, including inspections and warranties, delays and acceleration, dollar recovery, changes in the work, cost and pricing data requirements, contract terminations, remedies, and other essential matters to successfully obtain, manage, and complete government construction contracts.
- Methods of acquiring construction
- Remedies of unsuccessful offerors
- Contract performance and specifications
- Inspections, acceptance, warranties
- Changes and differing site conditions
- Time delay, suspension, and acceleration
- Claims and disputes
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- Which provisions make federal construction contracts unique?
- What are best practices for complying with applicable regulations and contract provisions?
- What are the steps for effectively setting up construction projects?
- How should contractors organize resources, including labor, materials, and scheduling?
- For construction contractors, what are the most important provisions of the Federal Acquisition Regulation?
Jonathan C. Burwood
Watt Tieder Hoffar & Fitzgerald
Mr. Burwood focuses his practice primarily in the areas of surety bond, construction, environmental, and commercial... | Read More
Mr. Burwood focuses his practice primarily in the areas of surety bond, construction, environmental, and commercial litigation. He represents sureties, contractors, residential builders, planned community associations and commercial property owners in the context of counseling, negotiation, litigation, arbitration, mediation and bankruptcy. His litigation practice emphasizes surety and construction.Close
Y. Lisa Colon
Smith Currie & Hancock
Ms. Colon represents owners, contractors and subcontractors, design professionals, and sureties in public and private... | Read More
Ms. Colon represents owners, contractors and subcontractors, design professionals, and sureties in public and private real estate and construction matters. She has experience with federal, state and local government contracting issues, including bid protests, Miller Act bonds, licensing and development agreements. Ms. Colon is deeply immersed in matters relating to small and disadvantaged business enterprises and can assist with small business certification issues. She is a former fellow with the American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law and has lectured on a variety of real estate and construction industry topics.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 10/04/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 10/04/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H