Global Outsourcing: Structuring the Long-Term Contract
Strategies to Maintain Leverage, Allocate Risk and Manage the Service Provider Relationship
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare counsel to companies operating nationally and internationally to structure effective outsourcing agreements that ensure adequate flexibility and control, provide the means to manage future change, and allocate liability and risk.
- Framework structure
- Legal framework
- Terms and exhibits
- Menu of options
- Challenges in outsourcing agreements
- Data flow — privacy and data protection
- IP issues
- Getting out of an outsourcing contract
- Ethical issues
- Strategies for structuring the long-term outsourcing agreement
- Managing future change
- Retaining leverage
- Managing service quality
- Price protections
- Allocating liability and risk
- Exit strategy
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What key contract provisions must be considered when negotiating an outsourcing agreement?
- What are the unique challenges presented by national and international business operations that impact the structure of the outsourcing agreement?
- What strategies should be employed when structuring a long-term outsourcing agreement?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Daniel A. Masur
He represents national and international clients in a broad range of on-shore, near-shore, and offshore information... | Read More
He represents national and international clients in a broad range of on-shore, near-shore, and offshore information technology and business process sourcing transactions involving global and niche outsourcing providers, offshore captives and various hybrid structures. His business process sourcing transactions include the outsourcing of finance functions and e-commerce processing and support.Close
Paul J. N. Roy
Mr. Roy represents national and international firms in business and technology sourcing transactions, including the... | Read More
Mr. Roy represents national and international firms in business and technology sourcing transactions, including the sourcing of information technology services and support, application development and maintenance, telecommunications services, help desk services and support, business processes and functions, facilities management services, procurement, and e-commerce transaction processing and support.Close