Fracking Litigation and Daubert Challenges
Defending Against and Asserting Challenges to Expert Witness Evidence
Recording of a 60-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the applicability of the Daubert standard for expert evidence in hydraulic fracturing (fracking) disputes. The panel will analyze what is required to successfully present or defend a Daubert challenge to the admission of expert testimony.
- Applicability of the Daubert standard to the presentation of expert testimony in fracking disputes
- Presenting Daubert challenges to the admission of expert testimony
- Defending against Daubert challenges
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can counsel effectively challenge the theories of a groundwater contamination or other environmental expert witness and whether those theories have been adequately tested?
- Under what circumstances should counsel consider not filing a Daubert motion?
- Will regulatory limits play a role in fracking litigation?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
R. Trent Taylor
Mr. Taylor focuses on defending complex tort and products liability cases with an emphasis on public and private... | Read More
Mr. Taylor focuses on defending complex tort and products liability cases with an emphasis on public and private nuisance litigation, environmental contamination suits, and food safety issues. His experience includes defending clients in class actions, MDL coordinated proceedings, nationwide mass tort litigation, and appellate cases involving complex scientific and medical issues. Mr. Taylor’s practice in recent years has been concentrated in the defense of novel claims brought by plaintiffs, including public nuisance, civil conspiracy, unjust enrichment, and deceptive trade practices.Close
Steve A. Luxton
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
He focuses his practice on the areas of complex mass tort and toxic tort litigation, product liability, and... | Read More
He focuses his practice on the areas of complex mass tort and toxic tort litigation, product liability, and commercial litigation. He has successfully defended a wide variety of corporate clients in claims involving exposure to solvents, asbestos, silica, and numerous other substances. His litigation experience includes all phases of discovery and trial. He has taken and defended hundreds of expert witness depositions.Close