Form W-8IMY: Preparing for Expanded Reporting of U.S. Withholding
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This teleconference will provide corporate tax specialists with a detailed review of the planned major update to Form W-8IMY and prepare them to comply with pending changes to forms W-8BEN-E, W-8ECI and W-8EXP.
Overarching new demands on Form W-8IMY
Identify U.S. persons or entities receiving U.S.-source income in foreign accounts
- Previously, only foreign persons and entities receiving U.S.-source income
Two sets of certifications, each of which involving assumption of withholding
- Under Chap. 3, Chap. 4 of Internal Revenue Code
- Identify U.S. persons or entities receiving U.S.-source income in foreign accounts
Line-by-line review of planned W-8 revisions
- Form W-8IMY
- Form W-8BEN-E
- Form W-8ECI
- Form W-8EXP
- General approaches to manage withholding now on income connected to foreign accounts, entities
The panel will explore these and other on-point topics:
- New identifications, qualified intermediary assumptions and other changes to be required on the updated Form W-8IMY.
- Material changes and compliance shifts required on other planned revisions to the W-8 series.
- New approaches to consider in adjusting a company's overall withholding compliance approach to the updated W-8 forms.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Burt Staples & Maner
She works on tax withholding and reporting engagements. Before coming to the firm, she worked in domestic and... | Read More
She works on tax withholding and reporting engagements. Before coming to the firm, she worked in domestic and international tax compliance, audit and litigation for several years at Procter & Gamble.Close
International Senior Tax Manager
She works with the firm's international clients on tax provision analysis, international acquisitions and... | Read More
She works with the firm's international clients on tax provision analysis, international acquisitions and divestitures, foreign company investment in the U.S., analysis of cross-border transactions, and inbound and outbound consulting. She has more than a decade of tax and accounting experience.Close
She specializes in information reporting and withholding, both domestic and NRA, particularly for clients in the... | Read More
She specializes in information reporting and withholding, both domestic and NRA, particularly for clients in the financial services sector. She regularly represents clients before the IRS regarding compliance agreements and to address under-withholding and penalty exposure.Close