Form 8949 Capital Gains Reporting and Impact of 3.8% Medicare Tax
Mastering Complex Calculations and Information Gathering Amid Intensified IRS Scrutiny
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will provide tax return preparers with an understanding of difficult cost basis reporting issues and offer best practices for accurately completing Form 8949.
- Cost basis rules
- Purpose of Form 8949
- IRS enforcement and audit environment to date
Preparation of Form 8949
- Lessons learned in 2012 and 2013
- Difficult compliance issues related to Form 8949
The panel will explore such topics as
- Completing Form 8949: The key computations to arrive at correct data.
- Anticipating and correcting common errors in completing Form 8949.
- Mitigating or avoiding consequences for noncompliance.
- Handling multiple Form 8949 filings.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Lumsden & McCormick
He has more than 30 years of experience in services to closely held family run businesses, high net worth... | Read More
He has more than 30 years of experience in services to closely held family run businesses, high net worth individuals and for profit flow through entities. Mr. Schlein specializes in the areas of real estate investments, the oil and gas industry, partnerships, S corporations, and closely held C corporations. His day-to-day activities include the coordination and delivery of tax planning and related compliance services, and staff recruitment and retention. He is affiliated with 1st Global Capital Corp. as a Registered Representative holding a FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 licenses. He frequently speaks on topics within the scope of his expertise.Close