Form 706 Compliance for Estates: Challenges With Includable Property, Tax Calculations, Valuation Elections
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will provide tax advisors and return preparers with a review of a full range of compliance issues and decisions that arise in completing federal Form 706. The panel will outline their approaches for dealing with the difficult questions tax preparers will face.
- Overview of federal estate tax concepts
- Determining includable property
- Deductions and credits
- Tax calculation
- Valuation issues
- Impact of state laws and death taxes, wills and trusts
- Frequent estate tax audit red flags
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- Under what circumstances does an estate tax return really need to be filed?
- What property should be included in, and deductions taken from, the estate in preparing Form 706?
- What are the rules for alternate and special-use valuations?
- How do trusts, wills and state laws affect the federal estate tax return?
Monica Haven, E.A., J.D., LLM
Monica Haven, E.A., J.D. has a Masters in Taxation (LL.M.) and is also a graduate fellow and former faculty member of... | Read More
Monica Haven, E.A., J.D. has a Masters in Taxation (LL.M.) and is also a graduate fellow and former faculty member of the National Tax Practice Institute®, a nationally recognized academic program designed to develop and hone the skills necessary for effective taxpayer representation. Licensed since 1988, she is an Enrolled Agent, an Accredited Tax Advisor®, and an Accredited Tax Preparer®. Her extensive experience enables her to guide clients through a full range of tax planning and preparation decisions with strategies that minimize their tax liabilities, maximize their cash flow, and keep them on track toward their financial goals.Close
Yahne Miorini, Esq., LLM
Founder and Principal
Ms. Miorini has more than 15 years of practice experience. Her practice emphasizes domestic and international... | Read More
Ms. Miorini has more than 15 years of practice experience. Her practice emphasizes domestic and international estate planning, probate, trust administration and related tax matters, and elder law.Close