Form 5500 Updates: Achieving Full Compliance
Navigating the New Schedules and Data Demands
Recording of a 100-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will review the material changes to Form 5500 and its schedules and recommend approaches to obtain and report the new data needed for complete compliance.
- Changes to Form 5500 and certain schedules
- Form 5500 needs total number of contributing employees at multi-employer plans
- New sections on Schedules A, C, H and R
- Enhanced disclosures on plan fees and expenses
- Preparing entirely new schedules
- Tips and instructions for actuarial schedules SB and MB
- New 403(b) plan filing requirements
- Treating 403(b) plans like 401(k) plans
- Form 5500-SF Short Form for certain smaller plans
- Which plans qualify
- Data still required despite shorter format
- Reporting rules for delinquent participant contributions
- The new EFAST 2 E-Filing System
- Rules and requirements
- Adjustments to plan administrator compliance procedures for 2009 Form 5500
The panel will enable you to do a better job in these and other important areas:
- Making tough choices about how to accurately report eligible indirect compensation on the new Schedule C.
- Preparing the new actuarial schedules SB and MB, and providing new data on Form 5500 itself and on schedules A, H and I.
- Understanding the rules and procedures of the upcoming mandatory e-filing process.
- Deciphering the realities of the new short form (is it really the same data on fewer pages?) and ascertaining which plans are eligible to use it.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Manager, Pension Services Group
Amper Politizner & Mattia
She has more than 12 years of experience in public accounting and handles pension plan audits and consulting for public... | Read More
She has more than 12 years of experience in public accounting and handles pension plan audits and consulting for public and private clients in a number of industries.Close
Senior Manager, Retirement Services
Virchow Krause & Co.
She has worked with the firm for 22 years and handled qualified retirement plan administration and consulting the past... | Read More
She has worked with the firm for 22 years and handled qualified retirement plan administration and consulting the past 10 years. She specializes in design and plan analysis for qualified plans and previously worked on ERISA employee benefit plan audits.Close
5500 Tax Group
She is a co-founder of the firm, which specializes in Form 5500 compliance, and has 14 years of experience with... | Read More
She is a co-founder of the firm, which specializes in Form 5500 compliance, and has 14 years of experience with employee benefits, 18 years in public accounting. She formerly was a senior manager in employee benefits and tax at Ernst & Young.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.
On-Demand Seminar Audio