Form 1120S Challenges for Enrolled Agents: Navigating Latest Regs, Rulings and Guidance
Anticipating Issues With Computations, Dividends, Distributions, Fringe Benefits, Etc.
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will prepare enrolled agents to deal with challenges for S corporations in annual federal tax returns on Form 1120S.
- Adjustments to accumulated adjustment accounts
- Calculations of AAA, OAA and PTI accounts
- Character and treatment of distributions and dividends
Recent regulatory developments
- Sect. 179 expensing by controlled groups of S corporations
- Proposed Treasury regulations on debt basis
- Letter rulings on inadvertent termination relief
Court rulings of impact
- Use of S corporations to shift income or evade taxes
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What complexities should enrolled agents anticipate with character and treatment of distributions by an S corporation?
- What adjustments to accumulated adjustment accounts may become an issue?
- How can inadvertent termination relief become a problem?
- What special challenges do wages and self-employment taxes pose for S corporation shareholders?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ms. Wilson concentrates her practice on federal tax planning and structuring and represents clients in a wide variety... | Read More
Ms. Wilson concentrates her practice on federal tax planning and structuring and represents clients in a wide variety of complex federal tax matters, with a particular emphasis on pass-through entities such as partnerships, S corporations and real estate investment trusts. Specifically, she focuses on advising clients on the formation, operation, acquisition and restructuring of pass-through entities.Close
Mr. Mowrey has more than 30 years of experience in tax compliance and planning work for C corporation, S corporation,... | Read More
Mr. Mowrey has more than 30 years of experience in tax compliance and planning work for C corporation, S corporation, partnership and individual clients. He has worked on tax matters both for large accounting firms and two corporations.Close