Foreign Assets Control Facilitation: Identifying and Mitigating Risks for U.S. Persons and Companies
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to U.S. companies doing business internationally (and non-U.S. companies that have U.S. employees and operations) to identify OFAC facilitation risks, analyze recent enforcement actions, and outline approaches for mitigating facilitation risks.
- Facilitation under OFAC
- OFAC's broad interpretation
- What is and isn't "facilitation"?
- What is "evasion"?
- Identifying risks
- Where and how do facilitation risks commonly arise
- Risks posed by U.S. persons working at foreign subsidiaries
- Risks arising when U.S. companies and non-U.S. companies collaborate
- Risks arising from secondary sanctions faced by non-U.S. companies
- Lessons from recent enforcement actions
- Strategies for overcoming facilitation challenges/mitigating risks
- Due diligence
- Screening for third-party risks
- Managing risks with joint venture partners
- Recusal policies
The panel will review these and other notable questions:
- Where do facilitation risks commonly arise?
- What facilitation risks do U.S. companies face when collaborating with non-U.S. companies?
- What are the critical facilitation risks faced by non-U.S. companies?
- What policies and procedures should U.S. persons and companies put in place to minimize facilitation risks?
O'Melveny & Myers
Ms. Lichtenbaum's practice principally relates to regulations governing international business transactions and... | Read More
Ms. Lichtenbaum's practice principally relates to regulations governing international business transactions and trade. She handles matters related to U.S. economic sanctions, export controls, antiboycott, and FCPA. Ms. Lichtenbaum also assists clients to develop corporate compliance programs, conducts internal investigations relating to potential violations and represents clients in connection with enforcement proceedings.Close
Ronald I. Meltzer
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr
Mr. Meltzer focuses on licensing, compliance and enforcement matters relating to U.S. export controls and economic... | Read More
Mr. Meltzer focuses on licensing, compliance and enforcement matters relating to U.S. export controls and economic sanctions. He represents clients in trade remedy litigation and on customs issues. Mr. Meltzer handles all aspects of U.S. export control and economic sanctions law, including the Export Administration Regulations, anti-boycott provisions, and OFAC sanctions requirements.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 07/24/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 07/24/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H