Finders and Unregistered Broker-Dealers: Understanding the Risks and Recent Developments
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Broker-Dealer Registration Violations, Lessons From Recent SEC Enforcement Actions and FINRA Guidance
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will analyze the legal pitfalls for securities issuers who utilize unregistered "finders" to solicit investors, the SEC's restrictive position on permissible activities of finders, activities that require broker-dealer registration, and SEC regulatory actions regarding unregistered broker-dealers. The panel will also discuss the SEC's focus on broker-dealer issues in the private fund market, the ICO market, as well as the online crowdfunding portal space, and recent enforcement actions against fund managers.
- Securities laws applicable to activities of unregistered broker-dealers
- SEC guidance for determining when registration is required
- Broker-dealer issues arising in the operation of online crowdfunding portals as well as websites involved in the offerings of digital assets
- JOBS Act exemption from broker-dealer registration in Rule 506 offerings
- SEC and FINRA regulatory guidance and enforcement actions
- SEC OCIE examination of broker-dealer issues in activities of private investment funds
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What activities require broker-dealer registration with the SEC and FINRA?
- What penalties and actions do issuers face in using unregistered broker-dealers in their capital raising efforts?
- How do the SEC and FINRA's guidance on finder activities in the M&A arena inform the permissible activities of finders in the securities and fund arenas?
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp
Ms. Shulga is a corporate and securities attorney with experience in startup law, securities offerings, cross-border... | Read More
Ms. Shulga is a corporate and securities attorney with experience in startup law, securities offerings, cross-border transactions, corporate governance, private and public company representation, business entity formation, licensing, contracts and employment-related agreements. She is experienced with advising small to mid-sized companies on formation, contract review and negotiation, private placement of securities, intellectual property matters and internal governance issues.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/19/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 04/19/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H