Financing Renewable Energy: Utilizing Green and Sustainability-Linked Loans and Sustainable Bonds
Project Eligibility Criteria, Use of Proceeds, Management, Reporting, Annual Disclosures, and More
This program has been cancelled
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE course will provide corporate and renewable energy counsel with an in-depth analysis of utilizing green and sustainability-linked loans (SLLs) and sustainable bonds to finance renewable energy projects. The panel will discuss the key components of each financing option, project eligibility requirements, use and management of proceeds, project evaluation and selection, target setting, reporting and annual disclosures, and best practices for corporate and energy counsel, investors, and developers.
- Green loans
- Key components and requirements
- Use of proceeds
- Sustainability-linked loans
- How SLLs differ from green loans
- Considerations for lender and borrower
- Sustainable bonds
- Green bonds
- Sustainability bonds
- Reporting and disclosures
- Best practices for counsel, investors, and developers
The panel will review these and other notable issues:
- What are the key principal elements and distinctions of green loans, SLLs, and SLBs?
- What are the project eligibility, use of proceeds, and management requirements for use-of-proceeds loans and bonds?
- What are the critical considerations for selecting sustainability performance targets and KPIs for SLLs and SLBs?
- What are the reporting and annual disclosure requirements?
- What are the considerations and risks for financiers, borrowers, and issuers?
Vinson & Elkins
Mr. Gribov represents clients in a wide range of financial transactions. He advises mezzanine funds, publicly and... | Read More
Mr. Gribov represents clients in a wide range of financial transactions. He advises mezzanine funds, publicly and privately held corporate borrowers and issuers, private equity funds, credit funds and commercial banks on matters such as bank financings, mezzanine and structured financings, preferred equity investments and convertible debt. Mr. Gribov has worked on matters involving an array of industries such as energy, where he has extensive experience in oil and gas exploration and oilfield services, as well as infrastructure and healthcare.Close
David P. Oelman
Vinson & Elkins
Mr. Oelman is one of the country’s preeminent IPO practitioners, having worked on more IPOs in the last three... | Read More
Mr. Oelman is one of the country’s preeminent IPO practitioners, having worked on more IPOs in the last three decades than all but a small handful of lawyers practicing in the U.S. He has worked with issuers and underwriters across a broad spectrum of industries. Mr. Oelman continues to counsel clients after completing their IPOs, and is experienced in corporate governance matters, follow-on public offerings, private placements of equity and debt, mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and private equity investments.Close