Financial Institution D&O Litigation: Parallel Proceedings
Representing D&Os Faced with Multiple Agency Proceedings, Private Civil Litigation, and Criminal Actions
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel representing officers and directors of financial institutions with best practices for defending clients facing parallel investigations and civil or criminal litigation.
- Current landscape—most common enforcement actions and litigation facing D&Os
- Coordination between governmental agencies and impact of one proceeding on simultaneous or subsequent proceedings
- Navigating multiple civil actions/investigations
- Navigating criminal and civil actions (5th Amendment rights, attorney-client privilege issues and stays of civil proceedings)
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What D&O liability issues are most commonly seen in complex parallel proceedings?
- What impact may current FDIC litigation against directors and officers of failing banks have on SEC and DOJ decisions to institute proceedings?
- What unique legal issues will counsel face in representing D&Os in parallel civil and criminal proceedings?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Todd R. Harrison
He concentrates in white-collar criminal defense, internal investigations, compliance matters and complex civil... | Read More
He concentrates in white-collar criminal defense, internal investigations, compliance matters and complex civil litigation. He has successfully represented clients in criminal and regulatory investigations conducted by the DOJ, the U.S. Attorney’s Offices for the Southern District of New York and the District of New Jersey, FINRA, the SEC and other state and federal agencies.Close
Jonathan S. Feld
He focuses on complex civil and criminal matters, including antitrust, financial and anti-bribery actions. He has... | Read More
He focuses on complex civil and criminal matters, including antitrust, financial and anti-bribery actions. He has successfully represented companies, directors and officers in investigations and enforcement actions by the DOJ, the SEC, FINRA and other regulatory agencies. He regularly advises corporations, boards of directors and board committees on corporate compliance and corporate governance issues.Close