FIN 48: Mastering the Practical Changes
Implement Efficient Processes and Procedures for More Effective Compliance
Recording of a 100-minute CPE/CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will include experienced corporate tax, finance, and accounting firm professionals sharing hard-won insights and perspectives to help tax executives create smoother processes and procedures for FIN 48 compliance.
- Each speaker will explain in detail how his company tax department or tax clients is handling the following issues:
- Current tax structure
- Current FIN 48 management
- How/whether federal and state audit activities are consolidated
- How any transitions from FAS 5 to FIN 48 have been handled
- How and where FIN 48 activities are identified for:
- Tax planning
- Foreign affiliates
- Where FIN 48 issues are maintained and updated
- How FIN 48 issues are tracked and documented
- What checklists are used
- How FIN 48-related issues are communicated in-house
- Handling of FIN 48 disclosures
- Special risks experienced by the company during the FIN 48 implementation process
- Protecting associated tax accrual workpapers
The panel will help you create smoother processes and procedures in areas such as:
- Determining a realistic time commitment of tax staff and management to FIN 48 compliance.
- Establishing an internal system to gather data that supports the FIN 48 definition of “tax position.”
- Dealing with IRS access to tax work papers, including accrual papers.
- Setting tax reserves — how much is too much or too little?
- Understanding the special challenges in reporting, control, recognition and measurement of tax positions for a company’s foreign investments.
Senior Tax Director
She has worked with Schering-Plough for three years on global tax compliance and external reporting issues. Previously,... | Read More
She has worked with Schering-Plough for three years on global tax compliance and external reporting issues. Previously, she worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers for eight years as a tax director in the corporate group.Close
Income Tax Director
He supervises a staff of 10 responsible for federal, state and international income tax compliance. He joined the... | Read More
He supervises a staff of 10 responsible for federal, state and international income tax compliance. He joined the company in 1997 as an international tax manager after spending five years with Arthur Andersen.Close
Director of Tax Controversy Research and Planning
United Parcel Service of America
He has spent about nine years with UPS, after working for KPMG for two years as a senior manager for tax controversy... | Read More
He has spent about nine years with UPS, after working for KPMG for two years as a senior manager for tax controversy and a dozen years with the IRS, ending as a senior team coordinator.Close
Download— Anytime, Anywhere
On-Demand Seminar Audio