Federal Schedule K-1 Issues for Tax Return Preparers
Addressing Complex Compliance Issues With Basis, Gains and Losses
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will improve an attendee's familiarity with the issues involved in preparing a federal Schedule K-1 to accurately prepare the schedule and guide clients in making informed decisions about basis, at risk and passive loss limitations, and other important topics.
- Information About The Partner
- Partner's Share Of Current-Year Income And Other Items
- Brief Section 1411 Implications
- Ownership Percentages
- Self-Employment Taxes
- Electronic K-1s
- K-1 Attachments
- K-1 Lessons From Hedge Fund, Fund Of Funds Compliance
The panel will cover these and other relevant topics:
- Making correct decisions about shares of income, loss, gain and credit on a K-1.
- Understanding the importance of classification and allocation of partnership liabilities on a K-1.
- Computing self-employment income or loss.
- Disclosing "other information" required to be reported to partners with the K-1s.
- Properly reporting rental activities.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Tax Services Manager
She is a federal tax specialist for partnership clients at the firm, researching and providing advice on... | Read More
She is a federal tax specialist for partnership clients at the firm, researching and providing advice on partnership-related issues for regional offices. She previously worked at Deloitte Tax with closely-held businesses and high-net-worth individuals.Close
She works routinely with the firm’s clients on engagements involving pass-through entities, and has extensive... | Read More
She works routinely with the firm’s clients on engagements involving pass-through entities, and has extensive experience on a range of other complex corporate federal and state tax engagements. She chairs the AICPA's Sect. 1411 Task Force. Before coming to McGladrey, she was Director of Tax for the Moore Stephens Tiller accounting firm.Close
Kaufman Rossin & Co.
Mr. Levy has worked with the firm since 1992 and has a particular expertise in partnership compliance issues and... | Read More
Mr. Levy has worked with the firm since 1992 and has a particular expertise in partnership compliance issues and tax forms for the hedge fund, investment advisory and securities brokerage industries.Close